Ugali, Beef Stew and Steamed Cabbage
Ingredients For Beef Stew
- Beef (cut into cubes)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 zucchini (cut into strips)
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 capsicum shredded
- Water or beef stock
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander
- Black pepper
- Other seasoning that you like
- Oil to fry
Ingredients For Steamed Cabbage
- ¼ shredded head cabbage
- 2 Grated carrots
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- Butter or margarine
- Salt to taste
Directions on cooking AMAIZE premium sifted maize meal ugali
- Put water to boil. Once it has boiled start adding the AMAIZE, turning it until it starts to thicken. Continue stirring because if you stop, lumps will form and your ugali won’t taste good.
- Once you attain your desired thickness (this depends on how hard you like your ugali) continue turning it with a mwiko (wooden spoon or stick) giving each side sometime to cook. Cooking AMAIZE usually takes 10 minutes.
- Once your ugali is done, turn it over into a hot pot and keep warm until ready to serve.
Directions on cooking beef stew
- Cook onions until brown, and then put meat/beef. Cover to cook until the water produced by the meat starts to disappear. Add the zucchini, tomatoes and capsicum and cover. After a few minutes add some beef stock or water (whichever you have), salt, pepper, minced garlic and any other seasoning and cover to cook.
- After few minutes add the coriander and remove from heat, set aside.
Directions on cooking shredded cabbage
Back to Recipes
- Put a little butter or margarine in a pan, add the minced garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the shredded cabbage and grated carrots. Cover to simmer for a few minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.